PennKIPP is an innovative partnership to recruit, support, and train academically talented graduates of Knowledge is Power Program (KIPP) charter schools nationwide. Our diverse community of scholars may also identify as first-generation and or low-income. Snce the partnership began in 2013, 82 students have participated in PennKIPP. Over 46 students have graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and 12 are enrolled in graduate or professional school programs.
PennKIPP scholars have completed research and internship experiences such as the Fulbright Fellowship Program, Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program, and Penn in Washington Program. They have studied abroad in Argentina, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, France, Japan, Jordan, London, and Uganda.
- PennCAP Pre-Freshman Program (PFP)
- Holistic academic advising, support, and coaching
- A textbook and technology lending library
- Academic, cultural, wellness, and professional development programming
- Student advocacy, leadership training, and student ambassador program
- Supplemental co-curricular funding (as available)
|Keisha Johnson, PennKIPP Director
Penn First Plus, Penn KIPP